Fun facts about Shaun:
- What did you want to be when you grew up? “Where do I start? Lol! Astronaut, jet pilot, paleontologist, musician, video game developer, composer, psychologist, barista? I kind of wish I could do everything, to be honest.”
- Where did you grow up? “I grew up in Southern California, but Austin definitely feels more like home.”
- What are your hobbies? “I like playing games in my spare time. With the current pandemic situation, it’s a nice way to safely feel like you’re still somewhat connected to the world!”
- What is something you are good at? “I’m really good at breaking things down into easier to understand pieces and making otherwise complex concepts seem simple. I also regularly challenge myself to understand perspectives that directly contradict my own. I think empathy is extremely underrated.”
- Anything else? “My grandmother moved here from Brazil and has done hair for over 50 years. I’m working on learning Portuguese and finding a cosmetology school to follow in her footsteps.”
Thank you, Shaun, for bringing your energy into our salon company. You bring a different view to situations that people need for a better understanding of the world. You are also great at studying others and finding out what makes them tick and then asking lots of questions about it, thus enabling a stronger emotional connection. I admire that and am happy that you decided to join #teambetty!