COVID 19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
• You must fill out a waiver before your appointment and prior to entering.
• When you arrive, please call us at 512-371-7663 and stay in your car. When your stylist is ready for you, we will call/text you to come inside. Our waiting area is not open at this time.
• No children, family or friends of guests allowed inside the salon unless they have an appointment.
• We will be implementing temperature checks with a touchless infrared thermometer to check the temperature of employees and of each guest with a reservation who enters the salon. Any employee or guest with a temperature above 99°F will be sent home immediately and not allowed to return to the salon until they have no fever and no evidence of COVID-19 symptoms. If you have a medical condition that causes a higher temperature or you naturally have a higher body temperature, please let us know beforehand.
• All guests/employees must be wearing a mask that loops behind the ears to enter. All guests/employees must wear this mask during the entire appointment at the salon. If you are unable to wear a mask due to a disability, please let us know so that we can make special arrangements for you to come in.
• Please wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
• We have discontinued the practice of handshaking and any other non-essential contact.
• Maintain social distancing at all times. Spacing between persons in the salon should be at least six feet, except when staff is servicing guests.
• If you are sick or have been around anyone who has been ill, please reschedule.
• There will be no waxing services available.
• Blow-dry services are paused for now to prevent the forceful movement of air and unwanted spread of germs. Blow-drys have always been a complimentary service; therefore, we cannot charge less for pausing this service.
• We are also suspending our beverage service; please bring your beverages to your appointment.
• We require a credit card on file to schedule an appointment. This method will encourage less contact with the front desk staff. As always, your card will not be charged unless you cancel within 24 hours. No cash or checks accepted.
As of May 2020:
For total transparency, instead of raising our service prices, we are implementing a small service charge (based on the price of complete services), to help cover the cost of supplies and maintenance throughout the salon.
Green Circle Salon
We are proud to announce that we are a certified Green Circle Salon, which makes us 90% sustainable! For all hair services, a $2.50 eco fee will be added at checkout. Our eco fee helps us to repurpose and recover up to 95% of the resources that were once considered waste.
To learn more about this amazing Green Initiative, click here to read our blog.
Every appointment is specially reserved for you! As a courtesy to Urban Betty, our staff, and waiting clients, we request a 24-hour advance cancellation notice. A credit card number is required to reserve an appointment but will not be charged unless the appointment is canceled within 24 hours of scheduled service.
- No Show, we are sad you missed your appointment . . . since your stylist is unable to fill that spot we will charge you 50% of the services.
- No-Show, the second time, we miss you! And our stylists have been waiting . . . 100% of the services will be due.
- First cancellation with less than 24 hours notice, no worries . . . things happen. It's on us! Any cancellation after that follows No-Show rules above.
Please understand that when you forget or cancel your appointment without giving enough notice, we miss the opportunity to fill that appointment time, and guests on our waiting list miss the opportunity to receive services. Since the services are reserved for you personally, a No Show fee will apply.
Due to the relaxing nature of the Urban Betty experience, we respectfully request children to be brought to the salon only when the child is receiving a service.
As much as we love our furry friends, please leave your pets at home. It is against TDLR regulations for animals to be inside a salon unless it is a service animal.
Gift Cards may be purchased for:
- Any dollar denomination
- Any service or combination of services
Urban Betty is not responsible for lost or stolen cards. They must be presented at the time of the service and are not refundable.
Our online options for purchases of gift cards or gift certificates are non-refundable. All Gift Cards and gift certificates never expire.
Service appointment deposits are refundable with 48-hour prior cancellation.
If you are dissatisfied with a service you have received, we are happy to provide you with the opportunity to return to the salon for us to redo the service. Redos are scheduled exactly like regular appointments and are provided at no charge. The only qualification that we make in providing redos is that you call to schedule the redo within two weeks of the original service and that the redo be scheduled with the same stylist who provided the service. However, in the case that the original stylist has no time available, or if you feel that the technician is unable to provide the service, an exception may be made and the redo may be scheduled with another technician.
Please note, services provided by apprentices are not guaranteed. Our salon stylists will not provide you with a redo for an apprentice service. You must schedule the redo with the apprentice who originally provided you with the service.
We take great pride in our quality products. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with a product purchase, we will assist you with a prompt exchange or refund within 30 days of purchase.
Trying a Different In-House Stylist
We realize that you may need to switch to a different stylist based on a variety of reasons – schedules, prices, or sometimes just to get a different perspective. Please feel free to ask us for a referral to another in-house stylist. All of our stylists are very supportive of one another. We keep detailed records of your service history and color formulas. All our stylists have equal access to this information. And, don’t forget, we have our own in-house apprenticeship program. Therefore, many of our stylists have received their training from our own senior stylists. In this way, we can ensure that no matter who you see, you will receive the same high-quality service to which you have grown accustomed.
Method of Payment
All major credit cards accepted. A credit card is required to reserve an appointment but will not be charged unless the appointment is canceled within 24 hours of scheduled services. Please note that credit cards may be used for the payment of salon products and/or services only. Checks are not accepted. 50% deposit required at booking for appointments over $500.00. Cash tips are preferred but not required. Please note that your stylist is responsible for tipping his or her assistant out of their own tips.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use information collected from individual customers. Information collected about our clients is not shared with any other organization. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers
Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: May 20, 2016
Urban Betty Inc. provides the content of this website and services available on the website, www.urbanbetty.com. Our terms and conditions set forth the standards of use of our website. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement, you should immediately cease all usage of this website.
2) Urban Betty Inc. is providing visitor(s) with information about its services along with the ability to purchase gift cards, and book appointments.
a) All visitor(s) are responsible for acquiring the necessary tools to view our
website and for any fees related to this connection.
c) It is not necessary to register with us to view our website. However, you will need to create an account in order to purchase gift certificates or book appointments.
3) All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this Website is operational all day, every day. However, occasionally technical issues may result in some downtime, and accordingly, we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
4) Acceptable Use.
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or of harmful purpose.
5) Third-Party Sites.
Our Web site may include links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by online merchants and other third parties. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any third-party site. We encourage all Visitors to review said privacy policies of third-parties’ sites.