Do you feel like you don’t know how to explain what you want with your hair? Or maybe it isn’t that, and you’re just wanting a change. Here are a few things to have ready at your next hair appointment to better help your stylist achieve the look!
What to bring to your hair appointment.
Written by Madelon Sanabria, Hairstylist at Urban Betty
The history of your hair:
Let your stylist know if you like to play with color at home or if your hair has gone through any major changes in the last year or two.
I truly believe that the consultation is the most important part of the appointment. Being prepared with these things will help you and your style have a smooth easy process.
Pictures of hair you don’t like:
• Look at placement of color and tones that you don’t care for.
• With hair cuts, length or layers you don’t like.
• Pictures of cuts or color you had in the past you didn’t like.
Even if you can’t explain exactly what it is or isn’t that you like about that picture, it gives a visual to your stylist.
Pictures of hair you like :
• Look for tones of blondes or browns you like.
• With hair cuts: lengths, layers and shapes. Blunt or soft edges.
• Favorite colors or cuts you had on your self in the past.