How to Beach Wave Your Hair by Chelle Neff
I have three main hairstyles, straight, steam rollers, or waving iron. Today I'm giving you a glimpse of how I use the waving iron. I start at the back and work my way up and finish around my hairline with a curling iron. Here are a few tips and tricks to keep you flawless.
You'll need: A 3 prong waving iron, a 3/4 inch curling iron, three alligator clips, and a small mirror.
- You can let your hair airdry and then do this style or blow it out first, depending upon your curl pattern. I usually shampoo my hair the night before, let it dry while sleeping, and style it in the morning.
- This style will last you several days! All you need is some hair powder (I recommend Moroccan Oil spray hair powder).
- You may have to retouch around your face with the curling iron on day 2 or 3.
- This is an excellent base for a braided updo on day 2 or 3.
- Practice, practice, practice. It will feel awkward the first few times; you will get it eventually. Don't give up!