In this day and age most women have or have had their hair colored. Here are a few helpful hints to help you achieve the best results before, during, and after your hair color service at Urban Betty Salon.
- If getting a high lift tint or bleach applied directly to your scalp, do not shampoo hair for at least 24 hours. Natural oils will help protect the scalp and minimize the burning sensation.
- Please have your hair combed and easy to brush through. This will help speed up the hair service and eliminate breakage.
- If your hair is gray and your primary concern is eliminating 100% of the gray, shampoo your hair the morning of your hair appointment. Gray hair strands can have up to 4 times the cuticle of a normal strand of hair. The cleaner the hair, the better the penetration.
- Do use a shampoo and conditioner formulated for color-treated hair. This will help maintain your color and keep it shiny. We suggest PureOlogy Hydrate Shampoo and Hydrate Conditioner.
- Do not shampoo your hair 48 hours after chemical services. It takes approximately that long for the cuticle to close back down and seal in all of the color. Don’t be alarmed when you first shower to see color rinsing down the drain. There is always some residual color left on the hair and it is completely normal to see it after your first shampoo